Students think scientifically and develop practical skills alongside knowledge and understanding, which is vital for explaining the world around us.
This curriculum covers six main areas called ‘strands’ that work together so that you can teach science holistically:
- Biology – living things and how they interact.
- Chemistry – the study of matter.
- Physics – the interaction of matter and energy.
- Earth and Space – planet Earth, the wider Solar System and beyond.
- Thinking and Working Scientifically – develops understanding and skills of scientific models and representations, scientific enquiry and practical work.
- Science in Context – helps teachers demonstrate the relevance of science to learners and unique toour science curriculum.